Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Just the Facts

So.

For those who are at all interested in a more straightforward summary and status update of my journey(And I'll warrant there are a few) Here it is. for those who dont care, please continue as is. truly I do this for my own sanity, a blog book of sorts for mental clarity.

On the 12th we left Delhi for Bihar Province by train 2nd class AC sleeper.
the journey lasted 13 hours and was overnight.

13th we arrived in the city of Patna in Bihar then after a brief visit to the Bahai centre there moved on to the town of Rajgir 4 hours in the country.

From the 13th to the 18th we stayed in Rajgir and made jump off trips into rural villages in the surrounding rural ness. It was here that we did our shoots and interviews, we also ended up with some in Rajgir.

We then returned to Patna for one night and shot some footage at a devotional gathering in the city's Baha’i centre. We gleaned some good folks from that group and brought them back to the Hotel for more interviews. we headed home on the sleeper train, back to Delhi for a day of half rest, half meetings. 20th we traveled north to Chandigarh and i was installed in my slightly un easy room at the local Baha’i House.

We visited some Baha’i notables about the city and I was also brought to my co-producer's home in the poor but friendly clean and safe sector of Karzan.(Chandigarh is broken into sectors streets addresses are thus...1026 Sector 8, C. the C is the road). It is a very clean and well organized city by Indian standards, but somewhat unsettling now that I am used to the usual bustle and reek of the usual street. For Chandigarh is neither a western city, it is a zone of living, and it's orderly but fragile.

Today I am sitting in a near by internet cafe as Gerald and Ramesh and I plan to set up the reviewing suite that we will work out of for eight or nine of the next 13 weeks of work. Tomorrow we begin reviewing tapes. We shall be here doing one interview and much reviewing till Saturday when we head back to Delhi for the last set of serious interviews before Ramesh and I tuck into our first two or three week stretch of un-broken editing.

God that's a boring blog entry...next time I'll bring cake or something.

Apologies,

Chris